The GREThA, in collaboration with the University of Bordeaux, CNRS, and FAERE, organizes an interdisciplinary symposium dedicated to the resilience of ecosystems.
The « Ecological-Economic Resilience of Ecosystems » symposium will focus on the concept of resilience for the quantitative analysis and management of ecosystems. Resilience, which is often related to sustainability and vulnerability, describes the ability of a system to cope with shocks arising from natural or anthropogenic events such as climatic catastrophes, pollution, financial crisis or epidemics. The intrinsic complexity of these ecosystems and socio-ecosystems at the interface of human dynamics and natural dynamics requires interdisciplinary approaches and in particular an ecological-economic viewpoint.
In this context, the symposium will pay particular attention to the following applications: Marine or coastal ecosystems, water resources, agrosystems and viticulture, forest ecosystems and heath systems. The symposium intends to give major insights into the following issues: How to quantify ecological-economic resilience? What are its drivers? Which strategies and public policies can improve this resilience?
The interdisciplinary symposium will bring together economists, ecologists, epidemiologists, and mathematicians. Keynote lectures will be given by internationally recognized researchers in the field:
Stefan Baumgärtner (Germany),
Quentin Grafton (Australia),
Michel Loreau (France).
You are invited to submit a full paper in English before February 18th, 2018. All Submissions have to be sent to: email@example.com
Scientific committee :
Cécile Aubert (GREThA et TSE)
Emmanuelle Augeraud-Véron (GREThA)
Luc Doyen (GREThA)
Sylvie Ferrari (GREThA)
Charles Figuières (GREQAM – AMSE).
François Salanié (INRA – TSE)
As usual you can find the important dates in the calendar on the right
- 6th FAERE workshop on the economics of green innovation is now available (see the attachment). MINES ParisTech (Paris, France) on 5-6 December 2016. You can obviously participate without presenting a paper. There is no registration fee, but you need to register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10th Belgium Environmental Economics Day (BEED 2017), February 24 2017, KU Leuven, Campus Brussels. submission deadline: January 7th 2017, send email to email@example.com
- 5th International Symposium on Environment and Energy Finance Issues, Paris, 22-23 May 2017; deadline for paper submission 5th March 2017 https://isefi.sciencesconf.org/. Eric Strobl, Cees Withagen and myself organize the environmental economics part of this conference
- The Institut D’Economie Industrielle (IDEI) and Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) are pleased to launch the Call for papers for the 11th Conference on “The Economics of Energy and Climate Change” in Toulouse on June 6-7, 2017. Submission deadline: January 22, 2017
- 23rd Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and
Resource Economists EAERE, Athens, 28 June – 01 July 2017, Papers should be submitted here. The deadline for paper submissions is 31 January 2017. Paper submitters will be notified as to the outcome of the peer review process on 30 March 2017
- 8th International Research Meeting in Business and Management, Nice, 5-6 July 2017; deadline for paper submission 15 April 2017. Eric Strobl, Cees Withagen and myself we will organize the environmental economics subconference
- For those who have missed the recent Sustainability workshop in Rouen, here is a video of the presentations: https://webtv.univ-rouen.fr/channels/#2016-2nd-workshop-sustainability