Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone out there.
In the news / New articles / Conference and seminar annoucements / Open positions
In the news:
- European Commission: Public consultation on long-term and sustainable investment, from 18 December 2015 until 25 March 2016. Go and help design the European Commission a useful long-term policy by completing their questionnaire!
- How noise pollution is changing animal behavior – some animals, like birds in cities can adapt to noise pollution (though noise reduces bird abundance, too) while sea animals tend to have a tougher time.
- How should we deal with climate migration? – suggests we should discuss climate migration more “as a matter of climate justice than one of security.”
- 2015 German energy consumption increased slighty – “The increase is primarily due to the weather,” while “the increase in consumption resulting from the positive economic trend (+ 1.8 %) and the growth in population (+ 1 million people) was compensated by gains in energy efficiency.” From 1995 to 2005, German primary energy consumption was stable, while since 2005 it is on a downwards trend!
- Prices vs. quantities in presence of a second, unpriced, externalityPrices vs. quantities in presence of a second, unpriced, externality, by Guy Meunier
Conference and seminar annoucements:
- 22nd International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 13-15 July 2016, more information
- die Leuphana Universität Lüneburg hat zwei Juniorprofessuren (W1) in Nachhaltigkeitsökonomie ausgeschrieben:
1. Nachhaltigkeitsökonomie und –management (http://www.leuphana.de/news/jobs-und-karriere/professuren/ansicht-professuren/datum/2015/12/20/juniorprofessur-w1-mit-tenure-track-nachhaltigkeitsoekonomie-und-management.html)
2. Nachhaltigkeitsökonomie und –bewertung (http://www.leuphana.de/news/jobs-und-karriere/professuren/ansicht-professuren/datum/2015/12/20/juniorprofessur-w1-nachhaltigkeitsoekonomie-und-bewertung.html)
- The Department of Environmental Studies at the Faculty of Social Studies (FSS) of Masaryk University (MU) is inviting applications for one full time doctoral and one post-doctoral researcher